freelance writing and editing
Mandy Erickson regularly writes for the National Catholic Reporter, Stanford’s schools and academic departments, and U.C. Berkeley and San Francisco State alumni magazines. She has also reviewed restaurants for The San Francisco Chronicle and has written three books.
- An article about San Francisco parents seeking to remove their school’s pastors for the National Catholic Reporter
- A feature story about a marine science competition at Stanford
- A review of Gusto restaurant for The San Francisco Chronicle
- A profile of an alumnus serving in Afghanistan for BerkeleyHaas
- A personal essay in The San Francisco Chronicle
With recipe developer Norene Gilletz, she co-authored The Frequent Fiber Cookbook, published by Your Health Press in 2010. The book discusses the role of fiber in the diet and suggests ways to include more fiber while shopping, cooking, and eating out.
She also wrote and later updated Start Your Own Coin-Operated Laundry, published by Entrepreneur in 2001 and 2006. It’s a primer for entrepreneurs interested in starting or buying laundries. And she wrote Start Your Own Executive Search Business, published by Entrepreneur in 2003. Those interested in becoming self-employed head hunters can read the book to see if the work is a good fit.